Thread: Licensed Code: Breaker
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 20:24   Link #143
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Just watched the first episode and liked it much more than I thought I would.
Oogami is a quite interesting character. Somehow he seems like a Japanese version of the Punisher, with magical powers.

About Sakura confronting over two dozen thugs all by herself: was that incredible arrogance ("I can defeat them all by myself"), or just sheer stupidity? She even noticed that those were especially wicked people wdidn't bat an eyelid at murdering innocent people when she recognised their tatoos.

She was really lucky that Oogami came just in time to save her, otherwise they would've most certainly killed her too (most likely even raped her before).

About what Oogami what Oogami did to the dog: after noticing that it was too badly hurt and was going to die anyway, he just ended its suffering, which was actually quite humane.

After that, Oogami did his job and took out the trash. He *did* offer them first to surrender and turn them in. They didn't want to, so they can't complain about what happened to them after that.

One thing that bothered me about the English version is that they constantly misspelled Oogami's name.
大神 is generally romanised as "Oogami". There are a few other possible readings, but it *cannot* be read as "Ogami".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwjdic
大神 【おおがみ】 Oogami (p,s) 【おおかみ】 Ookami (p,s) 【おおが】 Ooga (s) 【おおみわ】 Oomiwa (p) 【だいじん】 Daijin (p,s)
On the offical page, his name is given as "おおがみ" (Oogami) as well:
http://www.code-breaker.jp/?page_id=50