Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-26, 02:11   Link #2427
night_sentinel

There's a couple of interesting questions here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
I was wondering if ever Saki and Kuro play each other... Kuro being the Dragon Lord and Saki being called the one loved by the tiles hence the tile Lord of the Tiles... will Saki be able to get a dora from the dead wall (aka Saki's personal stash of tiles)? but I think that Fujita Pro also used the term The One Loved by the Tiles to Teru, Jindai and Koromo...
Saki vs. Kuro

This fight is a bit lopsided. Saki has a history of trumping powers that are suppose to be absolute, but even if we give Kuro the hypothetical advantage and assume that Saki won't be getting any dora which includes the kan dora. Kuro is a still outmatched.

For one, Kuro won't be getting the benefits of those kan dora since whenever Saki calls a kan, she is almost guaranteed to get a rinshan kaihou. Unless, Saki is planning something else. For reference of what Saki could plan to do just look at Teru's kan in Achiga-hen. Saki can also make Kuro's hand overflow with dora and force Kuro to choose to discarding a dora which will negates her power for the rest of the match or probably play into Saki's hand.

Besides, getting high points is not going to be a problem for Saki. As Kyouko have pointed out last match, Saki does not even bother using kan doras or any doras for that matter to increase her score. She'll be perfectly fine even without doras for her hand ... since that's how she currently rolls even without a special ability to muck things for her. I do wonder if this is another example of Saki unconsciouly holding back ... since assuming one plays +/-zero, one probably does not want any dora since they drastically increase her score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Say, if Kuro and Kazumi are on the same table and 1-pin (Just for example) is...

1. The dora tile for Kuro and..
2. Kazumi is collecting all pin

Who will 1-pin go to?
Assuming both abilities are absolute and will not negate each other.
Kasumi and Kuro will not draw the 1 pin.
After all, Kasumi has many pin tiles + honor to draw from. Kuro, on the other hand, would draw other doras and tiles that are not Kasumi's one suit. This way both abilities will stay true without any hassle.

Now, the next question would be?
If no one draws the one-pin? Where will it go?

I believe that due to both abilities, it would then have a drastically lowered chance to draw for all players so it would probably be relegated as the last tile that could be drawn on the live wall. Another possibility is the one pin would be stuck on the dead wall where no one can draws it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
A question for you all. The ultimate Side A vs Side B setup.
What would be the ultimate match up you'd like to see? It's okay to include players from the defeated teams from the prefecture preliminaries.
Side-B would not include Rinkai or Uzusan yet though. But, if we include the prefecture tournament of Nagano as Side-B to make up for it.

An ultimate match up made of 2 people from each side would be this:

Then this is my match up :
Vanguard: Teru, Toki vs Jindai, Mihoko
Sergeant: Sumire, Yuu vs. Mako, Aislinn
Lieutenant: Takami, Sera vs. Hisa, Hiroe
Vice-captain : Marui, Funaq vs. Nodoka, Touka(cold mode) (If Touka isn't in cold mode, I would put Hatsumi or Sae here also as a possibility. Nodoka can also be replaced but it looks like her digital mode is going to work in this ultimate match-up since Marui and Funaq are both non-hax players)
Captain: Awai, Himiko vs. Saki, Koromo (full moon)
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote