Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-16, 15:43   Link #57
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, not only was that a Su anko, but a Su anko with a single wait on the pair, with counts as double yakuman, 64000 points as non east. That's some guts to go for the win I guess

What Saki says?
That this has been a very, very fun Mahjong game? Koromo replies: Huh? You are having fun with th3 K0r0m0? Saki: Yes! So let's have fun together.

As if we didn't know who was going to win, now Saki gets an extra winner flag. The befriending one.

Aw well, even with all the waiting we had to go through for this chapter, you can really feel the tension of this being the last hand. I have only participated in chess' tourneys myself, and we don't really use a knockout system, but I have been in cases where I am in my last round and if I win I can shoot for the somewhere in the Top 5 so I can understand the f- nerve.
wrecking.
tension.

In any case, I can actually see Yumi winning a few hands since she's east, so they can go to some bonus rounds and extend this, all the while closing down the difference.

BTW, Saki's hand is not necessarily bad, it's yon-shanten and with one of those hidden pungs that she loves, but still with her luck it's trivial to get it to tenpai

Last edited by Proto; 2009-07-16 at 15:55.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote