View Single Post
Old 2011-11-08, 11:02   Link #47
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Fractale - Yakaman making promises he can't keep and making a poor man's version of Nadia of the Blue Water (1990).

Infinite Stratos - Nice visuals, Charlotte was a delight. But where's the freaking story?! WHERE IS IT?! And the nationalism went way too far. Charlotte deserved a better show.

Madoka - It's everything SHAFT does well for its target market. Don't confuse popularity/hype with quality, though. Episodes mainly composed of 'watch the backgrounds while we rant!' just does nothing for me.

Rio - Rainbow Gate - Koutaro's fine artbooks and game art deserved WAY BETTER than this monstrosity!

Deadman Wonderland - Should have been great. Let down big time by poor execution and being too much like Hollywood movies.

C - Good idea that was utterly butchered and didn't aim for a viable market.

Hanasaku Iroha - Way too much drama, cast was unbalanced, wasted a lot of time on trivial issues, plus Episode 3 was downright creepy. Ohana deserved a better show.

Moshidora - You get a good studio, good production values and good seiyuu talent in Kana Hanzawa and Yoko Hikasa. Yet you have a high-selling book turned into a lifeless show despite all that...

AnoHana - A character cast that drives me insane to no end. If people like this show, so be it. I understand why you like it and I'm not knocking this show. But Menma is amongst the top few most annoying characters I've ever watched in my life and several others in that cast aren't far behind. Most unlikeable cast for me for all of this year.

Blood-C - The only people I know that like this show are literally trolls. Need I say more? There are some thinks CLAMP should be banned from associating with. They can't make everything good. It's not even hilariously bad. It's just bad full stop.

No. 6 - Pandering to qualities that sell doesn't work if you can't execute the basics properly! Main characters that clash whenever they're together is unforgivable.

Horizon - This is not for everyone. Because not everyone likes tropefests, generic service and world settings being introduced in the ending credits.

Mashiro-iro Symphony - manglobe utterly botched the art and character designs! How can you like something in that genre if it looks bad?

Guilty Crown - A cast full of purely unlikable characters. *shiver* Emo male lead, a female lead that's treated like a sex doll. Creepy side cast.

There's plenty more I didn't like from the year, but there were the ones I've been legitimately disappointed by because I had faith/interest in them at one point. You may disagree/be outraged by some of the titles I listed. But this is honestly how I feel.