View Single Post
Old 2013-04-02, 11:35   Link #1532
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
People act like the mere fact that Akane is reasonably attractive means that the "no moe" stuff was a pack of lies. No, Akane is reasonably attractive because most girls are from a male perspective.
Moe isn't only about physical appearance. Even if it were, I definitely think Akane looks more moe than any other character in the show. Shion and Yayoi are attractive. Akane is cute and moe as hell. She has those giant puppy eyes and looks more childish than the other female characters in the show (and look at that haircut). Let's not mention her facials expressions and her interactions with her jellyfish thing and her friends...

She's 100% moe in my book. Of course it's entirely subjective. There were plenty of people who thought Gino was moe, too.

I don't think they really understand what the essence of moe is. They just seem to equate it with fanservice and decided to counter it with manservice, which ended up attracting the fujoshi crowd. Not that it's a problem. They probably ended up selling more discs thanks to that.