View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 19:47   Link #277
Viridian

Not having read the VN, the episode was indeed confusing.

Pluses: Rosa and Maria taking on the goatheads was pretty awesome, with great music.
Rosa's dinner scene was pleasantly gruesome, though I'm not sure if she's alive or dead at this point (evidently this scene was located in Purgatory in the game, so I guess it's the latter). It's also a bit strange to reveal her secret resentment of her family members after she makes her final reconciliation with Maria, surely it would have been more touching the other way around?

Minuses: The incomprehensible sequence of events, as mentioned earlier. I'm all for a little wierdness, but this was just random, really.
Beatrice happily slaughters the Ushiromiya family again, this time explicitly using magic, and Original Battler just says "Yeah, well, I still don't believe you're a witch, let's go for round three!" I understand that what we, the viewer saw was probably not what Original Battler saw, but it's pretty hard to empathise with him as a result. (Whether what was presented was what actually transpired is an interesting question.)
Had been hoping to see all seven stakes in human form by the end of this arc