Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 13:17   Link #4844
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I personally don't have any opinion about how professionally they have done their job and etc. I just tried to recreate the event to see if a chance would arise that would force the hands for a shooting solution. In my mind, it did.
In my mind it did not. Everyone can shoot the target because he/she is frightened the target could be armed. But that is not professional, that is putting one's own life above the targets (who's guild is not proven yet and who's danger is not imminent... no weapons visible).

Quote:
As for the split-second decision part - the shooting was the act itself. It's not part of the decision. They have made their decision as soon as they felt they needed to draw their weapon. From that time on, all they needed was a reason to press on that trigger.
So 2 wrongs make a right or how am I meant to understand that?

Quote:
Everything else (our interpretation, outlook, judgment, etc) is after the fact. Sorry if I couldn't express myself any better, or if I come across as someone who is trying to remain vague.
Okay, so why do you bring it - enriched by your own POV - into the discussion in the first place? (just a rhetorical question)