View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 21:38   Link #150
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Exactly my problem with the Vagan reason for fighting. There was no real reason. The reason Ezelcant had was almost completely different from what the rest of the Vagan had in mind. It was a miracle Ezelcant led them on for as long as he did!

Then there was Zehart, who became heir-apparent just because Ezelcant told him to. Truly a disciple without a spine and a fool.

However, speaking of people dying... there are many who escaped karma. Lets not forget, the man who sold Yurin out, I assume he is still living large in his extravagant estate. Oh, how about the former Prime Minister of the Federation? His acts was treason, and in most circumstances, he would have faced the firing squad. But no, the show did not detail what happened to him, except hinting that he was arrested.

If there was anyone who did not deserve to die in the series, it was Yurin. She was the only character without blood on her hands. Then again, if she didn't die, we wouldn't have a motivation factor for Flit now, would we?

It amazes me just how this little girl became the sole motivation for the Federation military buildup under Flit, and his subsequent advancement of Gundam development. Love can be a scary thing indeed.

- Tak (Poor poor Emily, and poor Aya Endo)
Vagan... inspired by North Korea
Earth... inspired by Japan and its allies

Isolated country pissed off at other country over something that happened decades ago.

Vagan... isolated culture. Ezelcant is king/dictator. He was probably the son of the previous dictator.

- Vagan life is hard. Very hard lifestyle being Vagan.
- Vagan have limited resources
- Ezelcant is seen as glorious leader who has kept them alive through hard times.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote