View Single Post
Old 2008-05-14, 22:07   Link #339
Voduar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post

I liked the idea that these were the Celtic people, but I don't know. The jewelry, in my opinion, just doesn't seem fitting to the Celts. Honestly, it almost feels Egyptian. It is possible, though, that there was an advanced culture living near Britannia. Oh, actually, now that I think about it...couldn't it be possible that when, if I have my CG history right, Elizabeth III came over to the new world, that she encountered Native Americans? Perhaps the Geass has something to do with like, shaman magic. That's just an idea, but I don't really buy into it, I guess.

I still feel that C.C. has something to do with Morgan le Faye and, in turn, the Geass has something to do with her, too. Perhaps the picture depicts a culture of people who worshiped Morgan le Faye? I really do think that they're followers of some sort of cult, rather than aliens.
As to this, while I agree with you that the jewelry does not look like the western notion of Celts, it sort of jives with what seems to be the anime consensus on the topic. While its rather over the top even for an anime, this maybe meant to imply that those are all priests/druids/mages or something, and that we are seeing some big event. While rather speculative, it seems believable. That said, for some reason, that scene screams Atlantis to me. Perhaps its the weird combination of togas and pimp jewelry. Also, that seems to be a rather mixed looking crowd for an anime, which seems to be a supercivilization trait.

As to CC herself, I suspect we will find her to be descended from those people, rather than necessarily a member of them. She has sort of a tragic last of her people vibe, which juxtaposes with her ridiculous pizza obsession.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote