View Single Post
Old 2010-08-23, 01:19   Link #4145
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
I really don't where else to ask a question other than here, so I suppose I'll just throw this out there... This is concerning Animesuki.

I was rummaging through some signature/avatar request pages in the older series subforums, and found something I like. Here's my question: If a signature/avatar has been "abandoned" and the requester of the piece isn't using it, would it be alright for me to take it for myself? I did find a nice looking signature over there...

Normally, this question would probably have you to direct me to the sig's recipient and the sig's creator, and I would ask them. However, this signature was made two years ago. The recipient has only made a total of 10 posts, and hasn't logged in since sometime around March of 2009. He/she wasn't even using it as their current. The creator of the signature hasn't logged in since September of 2008, and made 7 total posts. Since everything is seemingly abandoned, and everything concerned in the past, would it be alright for me to pick up the remaining pieces of the long-forgotten deal and use the signature for myself? The sig isn't personalized with someone's name on it. I mean, neither party involved in the request is still on Animesuki, though I just want to make sure I'm not violating some sort of rule with AS's regulations. Because I keep wondering to myself if I used the sig without asking anyone, it's like... AS's version of identity theft

P.S. I apologize for the long-windedness, I simply don't like to leave things like this to chance. I just want to make sure of something, and that all the bases are covered, so that I don't end up striking out and get banned over here... And believe me, I was pretty paranoid just after I got my first warning and infraction for oversized signatures...