Old 2010-08-23, 17:38   Link #4150
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Ask the person who made it.

Personally I don't know what weird impression you have about avatars. If said person used it a long time (I mean in the range of "everyone knows it's his" or "he made it"), yah probably for the best not to push it; or just ask beforehand. Otherwise, hey why let it go to waste. =P Avatars are largely a means of spreading some advertising for the show anyhow.
As I said, the person who asked for it never used it, and the person who made it hasn't logged into Animesuki for two years. If they had logged in more recently, I would have asked them, and this query wouldn't be up on this forum. I checked their profile, and they don't have any links toward contacting them on another site, so... That's that. I doubt they'd come back after two years, just to respond to perhaps one message. I know that any other time, or any other creator, I would ask them first. However, given my unique circumstances, I think that it would be alright to use these old signatures, since current users aren't implementing them. I just hope one day I won't bump into someone who hasn't logged in for two years and exclaim "Hey, you stole my signature!" or something along those lines...

Meh, maybe I'm just making too big a deal over all of this.