View Single Post
Old 2010-08-24, 01:02   Link #4151
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
As I said, the person who asked for it never used it, and the person who made it hasn't logged into Animesuki for two years. If they had logged in more recently, I would have asked them, and this query wouldn't be up on this forum. I checked their profile, and they don't have any links toward contacting them on another site, so... That's that. I doubt they'd come back after two years, just to respond to perhaps one message. I know that any other time, or any other creator, I would ask them first. However, given my unique circumstances, I think that it would be alright to use these old signatures, since current users aren't implementing them. I just hope one day I won't bump into someone who hasn't logged in for two years and exclaim "Hey, you stole my signature!" or something along those lines...

Meh, maybe I'm just making too big a deal over all of this.
This person who has the avatar or signature you want is obviously inactive/dormant, so who's going to care if you use the same image as them? I could only imagine the member caring, but they haven't been here for so long, so that's that. Maybe shop it up a bit, add a bit of your own flair to the image if it bothers you so much. I say just take them, leave a visitor message on their page if your moral senses are tingling.

And btw, if someone says they're claiming an image in an Avatar/Sig request thread, but doesn't use it on AnimeSuki two whole years after they say they're using it, why think they're going to hang onto that notion now? They obviously are using the image somewhere else or forgot about the images altogether.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote