View Single Post
Old 2010-08-24, 01:27   Link #4152
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
This person who has the avatar or signature you want is obviously inactive/dormant, so who's going to care if you use the same image as them? I could only imagine the member caring, but they haven't been here for so long, so that's that. Maybe shop it up a bit, add a bit of your own flair to the image if it bothers you so much. I say just take them, leave a visitor message on their page if your moral senses are tingling.

And btw, if someone says they're claiming an image in an Avatar/Sig request thread, but doesn't use it on AnimeSuki two whole years after they say they're using it, why think they're going to hang onto that notion now? They obviously are using the image somewhere else or forgot about the images altogether.
I blame over-paranoia. Ever since I got a warning just for having my signature too big, I've been... well, cautious for just about everything. Plus, I read on another forum about a "rule" (perhaps it's simply unofficial and just frowned upon) that people aren't really supposed use other's sigs or avatars. Perhaps I made too big a deal out of this. Had the user logged in more recently (either the creator or requester) I'd ask them. Though... well, I personally just felt that I should at least ask someone. But you're right, the person who requested is probably using this on another forum, long gone, so I suppose I'll enjoy this signature for now...