View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 19:12   Link #6661
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Some criticism is fine, but you can't really judge a book by the cover and the first few chapters. At least wait until you get through it before going, "Waaaah! The series isn't explaining everything in the first 30% of the story!"
You are right of course. But has been over 3 years and 25 chapters. And there isn’t still some idea where this is going. So I am not in all that “will be explain later” or “give it time” at this point. But yes, it can be all just doom if is not complete, that is why I keep reading it after all, but so far I am not impress and that is my main problem. If after a 30% of the series, as you say, you fail to make yourself coherent or at least interesting, changes are you are not going to progress. But maybe I am wrong, I will be glad if I am wrong since I am a fan of the series. So I hope you are right and is all explain later.

And also the Book of the Silver Cross is something more than that. You see if the good guys could get their hands on the Book of Darkness before the Wolkenritter could finish it, what would happen to A’s? It will happen something: The Wolkenritter attacking the Artha or even killing to get it back, Graham doing something odd or more drastic, etc. but it will made up for something: in Force the Silver Cross does nothing at all and it seems like nobody even care for it anymore. Is like “The Silver what? Who needs that crap? The AEC weapons, now that is some neat stuff right there, lets go” Is just odd, and doesn’t seem to make sense. Is like Sauron getting the Ring on LOTR and doing nothing with it. Is like the Relics on StrikerS, with time they become pointless and have not use, even when at the beginning they were a real trouble. Just saying, seems like it will be the same case here.

How the investigation is flawed? Allow me to share who I think it is. First, how did they know the Hückebein family was involve? They were already looking for them: how? Why? Never explain. But that is ok, kind of, so what about the rest. First they get to Ruwella and find the remains of the lab and accuse Thoma of being a thief and, I presume, didn’t bother talking with the scientist there since they didn’t get a clue on Vandin, so how they proceed with those guys? Just there I don’t get anything since is never explain. Later we see them doing nothing ultil they catch Thoma as the Hückebein attack Vandin, they go there to investigate find a lot of proofs that they were experimenting with Eclipse and living peoples as well as proof that the Hückebein attack them and the Hardis is lying and yet they wait 3 months to act, when time is running short and they want to stop the criminals. But there a lot of plot convenience things that we never see that hold them back to the point they are just talking, 3 months later, that Hardis was hiding something. When in the past this has never being an issue, that is what I call “pretending”, acting like there is some mystery or tricks when there is none.

We all see it coming Hardis was evil, he say it himself so watching the heroes catch up what is plan and obvious doesn’t make them bright if you ask me. They never show what kind of investigation they are doing and we spend time after time with the rookies, that is true, but then I wonder if they aren’t even trying. Because is really easy. I mean they all seem to be in the case of what is going on and yet they do nothing about it, because the manga will be over in like 2 seconds.

In the end yes, we need to wait but I am just saying what it looks to me like doesn’t make sense and I will want an explanation. If it’s going to be one, good, but until it is I will sit and say what I think is nor right. Just that, expressing my opinion.