View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 22:57   Link #6663
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
One thing to keep in mind, and this is something that has been stated over and over: Force is a once a month manga. Yes, 3+ years is an incredibly long time for how much we've gotten, and it makes it seem like the story is dragging. I think it sucks, too. I'd prefer a once a week manga, but we get what we get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
And also the Book of the Silver Cross is something more than that. You see if the good guys could get their hands on the Book of Darkness before the Wolkenritter could finish it, what would happen to A’s? It will happen something: The Wolkenritter attacking the Artha or even killing to get it back, Graham doing something odd or more drastic, etc. but it will made up for something: in Force the Silver Cross does nothing at all and it seems like nobody even care for it anymore. Is like “The Silver what? Who needs that crap?
I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about here. The good guys don't need the book of the silver cross, per se, because they have no desire to create more eclipse infectees. Their main concern is shutting it down as a threat and to prevent bad guys from using it.

Quote:
The AEC weapons, now that is some neat stuff right there, lets go” Is just odd, and doesn’t seem to make sense. Is like Sauron getting the Ring on LOTR and doing nothing with it. Is like the Relics on StrikerS, with time they become pointless and have not use, even when at the beginning they were a real trouble. Just saying, seems like it will be the same case here.
I'll agree about the relics seemingly being pointless... we never really get why Jail is gathering them, and other then the one they put into Vivio, you don't really see them used. We do know that they were created to be fused with a linker core, and thus make an individual stronger (and Zest and Lutecia were said to be relic weapon experiments, so they probably had some that were removed off screen).

AEC weapons, I'll also partially agree, but mainly because I don't particularly like most of them. I would have preferred they either stick with the original devices and just made upgrades to them. They do make some sense in that they are purposefully made to distribute to the standard rank-and-file as a means to convert magic into physical matter in order to battle anti-magic foes (even ignoring the Hucks, AMF weaponry is on the rise). Still, you can create physical matter with magic anyway, but perhaps the new weapons make it easier for C and D ranked mages.

Quote:
How the investigation is flawed? Allow me to share who I think it is. First, how did they know the Hückebein family was involve? They were already looking for them: how? Why? Never explain.
They've been investigating towns that were destroyed and wiped out, and there was even a scene where Teana was questioning some survivors, and discovered that the killers were wielding dividers that looked like the ones the Hucks had been using. Right now, technically, the Hucks are persons of interests, suspects, and that's why Hayate was investigating them. Hell, even Thoma thought Veyron looked like the guy who wiped out his own town.

So it is explained.

Quote:
But that is ok, kind of, so what about the rest. First they get to Ruwella and find the remains of the lab and accuse Thoma of being a thief and, I presume, didn’t bother talking with the scientist there since they didn’t get a clue on Vandin, so how they proceed with those guys? Just there I don’t get anything since is never explain.
Again, you're not being too clear here... who thinks Thoma is a thief? RF6 doesn't really, but they do want to get ahold of Thoma to find out the truth. Obviously, the bad guys running the lab think he is a thief. At that time, their primary mission was the recovery of Thoma. You can presume that the scientists doing bad stuff at the lab wouldn't have copped to it, so Thoma was their best lead at finding out what was going on.

Quote:
Later we see them doing nothing ultil they catch Thoma as the Hückebein attack Vandin, they go there to investigate find a lot of proofs that they were experimenting with Eclipse and living peoples as well as proof that the Hückebein attack them and the Hardis is lying and yet they wait 3 months to act, when time is running short and they want to stop the criminals. But there a lot of plot convenience things that we never see that hold them back to the point they are just talking, 3 months later, that Hardis was hiding something. When in the past this has never being an issue, that is what I call “pretending”, acting like there is some mystery or tricks when there is none.
It's fairly difficult to follow your thought process. Is English not your primary language? You may want to try talking things out a bit. I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. The mysteries thus presented so far, are Vandin's motives. And they can't act directly against people with proof or at least reasonable suspicion. The latter was accomplished due to Teana's investigation that suggested the Hucks were behind the killing of a town. Their pursuit of Thoma would have hopefully netted them some proof.

The manga can't and won't show everything. Some things will just have to be presumed. You can presume they are investigating, just like Hayate had been doing in Strikers. It didn't show Hayate investigating the combat cyborg business, but she was behind the scenes, and that was revealed later when she confronted Auris. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Hell, part of your problem is that this is taking so long, and yet, if they were to show every small detail that you want them to, it would stretch this out even longer!

All I can say, and repeat, is just to be patient. When Force ends, then there will be time for criticism on what they did and didn't do, and what they should or shouldn't have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
That's why i was calling on FORCE for being a pretentiously dark series.
Whereas I don't call it dark at all, compared to many others out there. :P You should really watch "Here and There, Then and Now" and perhaps read "Haou Airen" and then see if you view of dark changes. And those are actually fairly light for dark series!

Quote:
During the first half most of the idelistic concepts of the Nanoha canon were defied if not outright subverted with the introduction of the Huckebein family and all the consequences carried by their appearance
Let me get this right... In A's, we have the Wolkenritter and the Book of Darkness, who have been responsible for death and destruction for at least 300 years or more... and that's somehow lighter than a small group of eclipse infectees who have possibly only been at this for *maybe* 10 years at most?

Because, from where I stand, it seems far more likely that there was considerably more death meted out by the Book of Darkness, then the Hucks could ever hope to match. And considering that we are pretty much expected to believe the Wolkenritter never showcased any real emotions (while the Hucks have) and thus were true emotionless killing machines, and a reasonable guess would conclude that some masters might have been far crueler than others, then we can also presume there was considerably torture going on as well.

Yet, because all of that happens off camera, we can dismiss it.

I'll admit, it's a strange facet of humanity, to automatically dismiss things that aren't directly shown in front of them. That's why we don't really think about the African children who are sold into slavery, worked the bone, raped, and then slaughtered wholesale, because we don't really see it. "Out of sight, out of mind" as the saying goes.

And yet, show a little blood, and suddenly it's "OMG! Tsuzuki is betraying the kind and gentle nature of the show with bad guys who are doing really bad things! This, like, NEVER happened before! They are actually SHOWING dead bodies and blood this time around! That, like, NEVER existed before!"

I'm using humor here, but seriously Aki, we ain't encountering any real new ground here. :P If anything, we're just being shown what has already been happening, so we can't pretend it never existed.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote