View Single Post
Old 2012-12-17, 01:46   Link #6665
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Things that happen off screen is pointless. Because if it doesn’t get focus is for a reason and when you can use it as an explanation of what happen in the main plot is just lazy writing that didn’t knew how to fit all the parts. That is why I say is odd, because it feels like the author forget about it and they just bring it on later.
I was about to unleash anothr wall of text but that paragraph sumarizes almost everything i wanted to say. We work with what we've got, sure it's implied the Wolks could have possibly killed tons of people but we never got anything precise or even remotely graphic on the matter, we know the're guardian knights with some fight experiencewho have fought for large periods of time. Not that it was of much help against the Hucks who are pretty much canon confirmed to be far stronger, powerful and overall effective fighters than the Wolkenritter ever was, their body count may not be as big as the Wolks but at least said count's existence is comfirmed as also the threat they posse by being capable to treat powerful mages like garbage (the Wolks possed a threat by beating up 9-year old girls xDU).

Sure, i don't expect to receive every piece of specific detail of a plot, that would be nearly impossible, not to mention the boring lenghts of exposition (a thing that set me apart from Super Robot Wars anime series, the robot fights are cool but the speeches and political exposition is pretty long and booooring -_-). But you can show progres in a dynamic way, A's has very good dynamic, after Nanoha and Fate got beaten we've got to see the Wolk's lives and reasons to fight, then we switched back to the TSAB working and discussing notorious progress on the investigation around the Wolks, then switched back and forth between the two groups doing and saying important and character building stuff with pretty cool confrontations thrown in the middle of such developement (without being forced on the plot as the confrontation between the opponents also add to their developement ...take Signum's fights with Cypha and look back to her fights with Fate and i dare you to tell me Cypha's fights are better and added more to the developement of the participants). StrikerS felt really slow on this department, they tried to expose the life on RF6 so the audience get a grasp of the new dynamics, and that's ok, it's an important task to update returning viewers abvout changes in the setting, it was nice for a couple of chapters but then it was dragged veeery long and became boring as a result, the ocassional fights against Gadget Drones added very little as well.

FORCE is suffering from the same, it's dragging things far longer than necessary, ok the Hucks are really mean and strong we've got it, fine! Tohma feels sad is being pressed by his inner anger so please move on, got it! possesed tohma is so powerfull not even Nanoha is a match for him ...can we please continue? ...oh boy a family reunion filled with all new member of the Hucks? Cool! i can wait for ...uh? it'll take another two years for that event to happen? oh well, nevermind.

The writing stopped being the main problem for me long ago (guess i can't stay so angry and hurtful for more than two and a half years ...so ok, Signum is just another average joe fighter of the bunch, i got it xDU). Things i want to see are happening in the plot and characters that appeal to me are now appearing (Carter "Idiot Boss" Grendel LOL xD) ...but they're taking an eternity to get to points already stablished more than a year ago, as much as i enjoy the Grendels's antics their introduction fight felt like an asspull that aported very little to the main story (not to mention wasting Signum's rematch against Cypha during such an unconvenient scenario ...they need to fight their last match on the top of an active volcano or a self-destructing secret facility or something like that). If electricity-supported civilization manage to survive Dec 21 i hope to see resolution on the coming important plot events already stablished in FORCE. I'm waiting for it.

...and yeah, i ended up writing a wall of text after all xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote