View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 00:14   Link #6672
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Oh, obviously there are other comparisons you can make, although the validity of such comparisons can be debated. And I'm not sure what other once-a-month manga you can look to as far as what has started around the same time. Another favorite once-a-month manga of mine is Nagaserate Airantou, and it had even less than Force revelead by the 20th chapter. Though it's more of a lighthearted shonen harem.

I suppose I could put it this way... if I were turning Force into an anime, I'd pace it like so:

Force Ep1: (Chapters 0 to 2) - Thoma rescues Lily and ends ep with him blasting the area.

Force Ep2 (Chapers 3 to 5) - Thoma has escaped, meets up with Isis, and fights Veyron, collapsing afterward. Cypha and Arnage show up to capture the group, and Signum descends with Agito.

Force Ep3 (Chapters 6 and 7) - Thoma has flashback while in fever, Signum fights with Cypha, ultimately losing, and the Hucks take Thoma and friends.

Force Ep4 (Chapters 8 to 10) - Explanations are had aboard the Huck's ship, while Hayate pulls her team together for pursuit. The attack begins, and ep ends when Thoma gets possessed by the book, and they are ejected from the ship.

Force Ep5 (chapters 11 to most of 15) - Battle continues, and concludes with Lily reacting with Thoma to stop him as the Huck's fly off.

Force Ep6 (Chapters 15 to 19) - Curren's escapades tracking down and killing Vandin personnel and other eclipse infectees, while RF6 recovers, Thoma is trained, and the investigation continues.

Force Ep7 (chapters 20 - ?) Curren sends invite/threat to Thoma, Thoma fights Signum, and ...?

StrikerS had it's first battle in episode 5, and it was relatively minor. By comparison, Thoma fights in ep 2, Signum/Cypha in Ep3, and we have a major conflict spanning eps 4 and 5. 6 has some minor combat between Hucks and other eclipse infectees as well. *And* we've had a ton of plot exposition and explanations and flashbacks already.

At least, this is how I'd do it. The only iffy thing is the number of chapters for Ep5; given the volume, if I wanted to flesh things out a bit, I might push the end of the major battle into Ep 6, and thus fill out ep 7 with some of the stuff I have in ep 6. It might not flow as well, though.

Still, I think we've gotten a decent amount of stuff to be 7 episodes into a 26 episode series. We have the bad guys established, although full motives and explanations are still a mystery. And we've had quite a bit of action so far, too. Seems decently paced to me. Not sure what else one might want.

Edit: Ah, Sansker, I see your problem. Yeah, Vivid has a MUCH similar plotline, so if one is used to that, Force's more complex plot would naturally be more confusing. There's a lot of characters and aspects to juggle, that it can be hard to miss the subtle byplay between all them. So, I'd suggest you stop reading Force and stick with Vivid and other simpler manga. Will be less confusing for you.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote