Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
A VERY brief summary thus far:
ok, let's see...

Quote:
Touma is out traveling, gets a call from Lily and goes to save her, and gets infected.
After destroying the base and trying to escape the authorities, he teams up with Isis.
RF6 gets reformed, with Hayate's goal being the capture of the Huckbein, since Teana's investigation suggested they are behind things (and the bureau has known of them for some time)
New weaponry is hinted at amongst several investigative leads.
Touma encounters Veyron, amidst several flashbacks that explain his past
Touma fights Veyron, the latter retreating after Isis comes in for backup.
The rest of the Hucks show up anyway and attempt to take him
Signum and Agito show up and fight Cypha, although they lose.
Some explanations are had while Touma and the others are captive aboard the Huck's ship.
Any of that fits easily within 3 or four Episodes max. (Heck, A's has it's first major battle started right in Ep. 1 xDU). And isn't that much really (Tohma's introduction doesn't need an entire episode, 10 mins at best are more than enough to cover that part). The reasembling of RF6 took around 6 pages in manga, therefore doesn't need more than 2 mins, the first Episode could easily ends with the start of Tohma Vs. Veyron with said fight taking half of Ep. 2 due to Veyron's small exposition. The hints of new weaponry were in a small conversation between Nanoha and Subaru the rest of the Hucks could easily be introduced during the 2nd half of Ep. 2. Then Ep 3 follows Tohma's group travelling and Suabru's past with him following the second Half with Cypha Vs. Signum's first half of the battle and starting with Signum's defeat during Ep. 4 (it was a really short battle: Signum attacks, looks cool, Cypha laughs, reveals how weak Signum is, Signum got trounced, end of story). The there's still time to see tohma's kidnapping abouard the Huckship and Hayate preparing to going Gendou Ikari on the Hucks.

You're making all of that sound to be bigger than it really was...

Quote:
Hayate's ship and RF6 attack the Huck's ship, and several chapters of pretty cool combat follow.
The key word is "several" (ok, it's just my opinion but Nanoha VS. Tohma was pretty boring, Deville VS. Fate was more interesting) the fight was dragged far longer than necessary ..to the point it almost felt like Goku VS. Frieza at the end of the Namek Saga (the fight that made 5 minutes to last an entire week xDU). No kidding, the fight lasted for almost a year xDU

Quote:
Touma and friends are eventually reclaimed
While RF6 studies and trains Touma (and his friends), we get explanations about Curren and her motives, and yet more investigations into the Eclipse (and Vandin)
Again, stuff that could be smartly fitted withing far fewer chapters than it took xDU The chapter where Signum fought Tohma was kind of pointless (in fact, most episodes with "mock battles" are pretty pointless in the long run, a point StrikerS made very clear xDU) And the "investigations" on the Eclipse were barely hinted (the best we've got was Fate and Cinque going the Vandin Corp for an interview). No complains with Curren's exposition, tough. As i've said, it was interesting to see she's planning to do something big in the near time (or what i perceived as "near" back then xDU).

Quote:
That's 20 chapters. And I'll note that the beginning of Chapter 20 says, "The much awaited second arc of the newest "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha" is finally achieving a proper start!" You want to claim that it's slow going and nothing much has happened, when we've had tons of explanations and several lengthy combat sessions including one major full one battle between two sides. If this is just the start, then I'm excited, because we have tons more to go, and we've already gotten a lot!.
Becasue it's slow and nothing much has happened xDU Tohma is introduced we knew his sad story, the Hucks appear kicks all sorts of butts and take him, then he goes emo-psycho and the Hucks face S6 and Tohma returns with them. Then Curren makes an announcement of the next important event. And presto, that covers almost that is remotely relevant, other stuff being pointless filler. Tohma's training sessions with Vita and the Forwards, Signum's sparring match, Vanding looking smug and daily life at Section Six are for the most part intrascendent stuff that could be minimized to make space for better story following. The introduction of the grendels with Signum and Cypha's rematch crammed up inside seemed like a lame attempt to make up for the wasted time. But well, things seems to be finally moving on since Sonica's introduction so i hope this time will be the real deal instead of more empty promises xDU.

Quote:
I suppose I could put it this way... if I were turning Force into an anime, I'd pace it like so:

Force Ep1: (Chapters 0 to 2) - Thoma rescues Lily and ends ep with him blasting the area.

Force Ep2 (Chapers 3 to 5) - Thoma has escaped, meets up with Isis, and fights Veyron, collapsing afterward. Cypha and Arnage show up to capture the group, and Signum descends with Agito.

Force Ep3 (Chapters 6 and 7) - Thoma has flashback while in fever, Signum fights with Cypha, ultimately losing, and the Hucks take Thoma and friends.

Force Ep4 (Chapters 8 to 10) - Explanations are had aboard the Huck's ship, while Hayate pulls her team together for pursuit. The attack begins, and ep ends when Thoma gets possessed by the book, and they are ejected from the ship.

Force Ep5 (chapters 11 to most of 15) - Battle continues, and concludes with Lily reacting with Thoma to stop him as the Huck's fly off.

Force Ep6 (Chapters 15 to 19) - Curren's escapades tracking down and killing Vandin personnel and other eclipse infectees, while RF6 recovers, Thoma is trained, and the investigation continues.

Force Ep7 (chapters 20 - ?) Curren sends invite/threat to Thoma, Thoma fights Signum, and ...?
Why aren't you Tsuzuki T-T?

I swear that if a FORCE anime were done by him we'll be still seeing Tohma travelling with Isis and Lily by Ep 7 and the first major battle of Hucks VS. S6 happening on Ep. 14 xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote