View Single Post
Old 2007-03-02, 12:42   Link #21
Zek
Eyebrows...

I won't mince words. This episode was terrible. I'm not talking about the content, because it was fine in the manga. I'm talking about the crappy animation and the really, really crappy pacing. I felt like I was watching the entire episode in slow-motion. I can tell that the anime team never wants to do a filler arc again, but they've gone too far in Shippuden. It's like they blew their entire budget on the first scene with Sasuke. I don't necessarily have a problem with them stretching out fights with filler, but if they're going to do it they should be adding combat scenes that are fast-paced like ninjas should be, not just playing things at half speed like they did in this episode. I lol'd when Naruto and Sakura got hit head on by Kakashi's water jutsu, and basically just got washed away, said "Oh nooo, our clothes got wet" and carried on like it never happened. Also, Kakashi's segment on Gaara after the preview made me want to vomit. It still is a kid's show, after all...

To you anime viewers who are enjoying this purely for the new content, take my advice and try reading the manga. I'm being totally serious here when I say that the animation is actually detracting from the scenes more than black and white images do. The anime has no soul anymore.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote