View Single Post
Old 2010-04-06, 20:12   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Eh? What are you talking about? Musically speaking, the song was fine, if extremely high energy. The song was pretty well-composed, and each instrument has some elaborate parts that require a fair bit of skill and finesse to play correctly and keep everything in time with the other players. It may sound like a mess to you, but the band performance was very tight. Vocals were sort of a matter of taste; it's a very unusual sound, but it has a certain appeal. Instrumentally, it will make for a good challenge piece for any musicians who want to give it a shot (which is one of the side-objectives of all the music in this franchise). It's not cacaphony or lacking in musicality just because you don't like it.
There was timing involved in this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
pretty standard ep. ed is better than the op by far, but its still no "Don't Say Lazy." they better perform that this year...
I think it is in that I found a similar problem with the mixing of it as I did for that one, although this time it's more for the accompaniment than for the vocals. I mean I'm not expecting the next big thing in music from a show like K-On where it's not nearly as big a focus as it might sound in a plot summary......first season veterans knowing this all too well of course. However something about the series music has never sounded quite natural to me. It's like that feeling of being overly produced like Lady Gaga, but amateurishly so.........like Lady Gaga. It all feels like it's been done in response to the target fanbase's particular taste in music (idols and what not), but in recognition that they probably wouldn't notice if a light rock song sounded like it was made in a day.

Then again who in Kyoani is likely to give a damn what it sounds like really? After all they are basically in the business equivalent of the Field of Dreams right now. As long as they build it you can be sure he will come......

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-04-06 at 20:42.