View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 03:03   Link #283
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think people need to remember that we're not in a court of law here. We're not looking to convict anybody of anything, so there's no absolute presumption of innocence. People are just trying to ascertain what most likely occurred here given how this story has evolved over time.
Yes this is exactly what I'm thinking. It's better to form our opinions than just nodding at what 2chan says or what the production team posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Just to be clear, I'm not continuing this debate out of some hope of determining who the mastermind is. But I don't want this to be viewed as just a misunderstanding, because I honestly think Ichika deserves better than that (even if he himself was pressured into covering for the Kokoro Connect Production Committee).
There's a clear line between misunderstanding and the mastermind idea. But like relentlessflame posted, the entire "punked" idea is viewed as "mean/bullying" for some of us (including him and me) but for many people across the world, it's entertainment. So there's a probability that the mastermind had malicious intent, yes, but he could also thought it would be...somehow acceptable too, while giving the show more positive PR. My main concerns are about the seiyuu who may just be following along because they believe they're doing what's best for the anime. Yes they are at fault for "going the extra mile" rubbing it in, but they might also be getting too much criticism when most of it should be directed at some higher ups (including Yamanaka) who are doing their best staying quiet. So simply put, there may have been too much "convenience blaming" on 2chan's part and I don't want to make that same mistake.