View Single Post
Old 2011-04-25, 04:48   Link #557
CadetPD

Can someone explain to me what they like so much about Saber?
Like, a well written long explanation as to why I should think she's such a great character.
Because I've never understood the mass love for her.

Don't get me wrong, I think she's really neat but I don't like her on the same level that everyone else seems to.
I appreciate her bad-assness mixed with her cute personality quirks that she shows in more relaxed situations along with her sense of justice that works well in the darkness that is Fate/stay Night. But at the same time, that same sort of lawful-good stock character aspect of her disinterests me at times and I never felt like there was ever any real conflict to her character. Moreso, I never felt the need to care about her "struggle" because it never felt like there really was an issue. But maybe that is just a reflection of my own views on life versus what Saber was trying to accomplish by obtaining the Grail.

I dunno really.
I'm not trying to troll or anything I'd like to just hear some honest thought out answers beyond simple "She's badass" or "She's really cute".
Which, I'm not saying that's not enough reason to like a character. But I'm sure some people have more to say.

My personal favorite is Rider and I could write pages up on why I love her and think she's one of the best characters in anything I've read/watched/played etc.

So yeah, I'm just interested to see what people have to say about Saber.
CadetPD is offline   Reply With Quote