Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-21, 00:14   Link #268
Nosauz

Excited about what? What has this show done that transcends all? The characters aren't very compelling, beyond jon snow (not really) tyrion, and that's about it. The writing is flat, the transition between scenes doesn't really add to the expansiveness the books brings, the POV "characters" don't have the same amount of voice as they do in the books. I just don't see how this is some opus, hell most of the fight scenes are terrible, they don't convey the do or die nature of what the books brings, or what the setting requires. As I've said, madmen, Breaking Bad, Justified, and a bunch of other shows are much better written, and much better acted. That's about it, hell when you consider the action from the first episode to the latter episodes it's obvious at the drop off in quality of direction, the fights are overly stylized and don't exude the life or death nature that is living in Westeroes.

Oh i'll also give you little fingers, and the Eunuech, but beyond their politcal games, most of the other characters are rather bland.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote