Thread: Licensed Kamisama Dolls
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 05:51   Link #213
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

As expected from the director of Angle Beats!, not only does this episode manage to drag the first half with a gag that should last half that time, but he also skimps down on action to give us high animated cake eating action (for realz!) the man got his priorities straight!

Though to be fair, that was a good looking cake. Shame they couldn't spare some of that budget on other areas of the show.

I should probably mention I didn't dislike Utao much prior to this episode, since that seems to be a topic here. That being said, I felt that the first part of this episode was a chore to get through. The joke itself could've been told in a much shorter time and gotten more out of it. Less is more guys, having too much sugar in your coffee makes it too sweet and undrinkable.

Fortunately, the second half was marginally better. Scratches in the sky don't really qualify as action in my book, and some of the QUALITY shots here were really painful to look at. That being said Utao catching that truck was cool to see at least, and the development at the end could be interesting to see.

If the preview for the next episode is any indication, we should be getting some comedic reactions from seeing Aki stripped and gaged by a crazy women who's idea of getting men is picking them up from top of trash cans and dragging them back home cave-man style

On a side note, I still find it hilarious that Aki's voice isn't Nobuhiko Okamoto. I wonder when will that stop being funny

So, what does the poll for the BD special say now?