View Single Post
Old 2008-11-03, 13:00   Link #126
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I get what you mean, but probably we view it a little different, as in the maturity of One Piece fans.

I believe One Piece is no longer targeting younger audience as it had been 10 years ago. And this ties to why Haki is only revealed now.

Firstly Haki is actually a word that can be used and is used in real and daily life. This is the one main factor that separates it from other power ups such as Reiatsu, Chakra and Spiral Energy. Its the human spirit and lifeforce itself.

And for why One Piece is no longer just a shonen that targets, shonen. And how Haki being slowly revealed is related to that.

I believe One Piece is a story that grows with its original fans and for 10 years, its safe to say most every fan is a mature teenager or adult. And its why Haki is only slowly introduced, is because Oda wants the readers to mature with the story and understand Haki in a mature way.

And Haki doesn't matter only to weak willed 'goons and grunts'. In fact it is that tiny difference that when 2 people of strong Haki clash, that will decide the results. There are times in competition, when it comes to the final round, it will be that slight difference that will decide the winner.

When 2 people are aiming for the same thing and they want it so badly, they will do anything for it. Only the one who's more relentless, determined and willing, will achieve the goal.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote