View Single Post
Old 2009-04-26, 19:09   Link #262
bishopcruz

The movie is actually pretty entertaining, if only for emelia. Dynamite 7 is odd, haven't finished it yet, but the animation on both is really nice. It's a welcome change.

Also, Fleet of the Strongest women was one of the greatest episodes of anything. Ok, not THAT great, but a nice bit of fun.

The animation DID get better as the series progressed, which was nice, but still nowhere near my favorite Macross, I don't hate it, it's quite entertaining at times, but sakes alive it takes forever to get anywhere. You cut like 60% of the 'waking Sybil' episodes, and it would have helped.

But outside of the RETARDED instrument flight sticks. I'd have to complain that my biggest complaint overall wae the Protodevelin. They are by far the worst villains in Macross history, they made me long for the Vajra. Gigil wasn't bad, but the rest? They looked like Sailor Moon rejects, their personalities were crap, and while their concept was actually pretty cool, their execution was not. How many times did we have to hear Sybil say 'ANIMA SPIRITIA!" ... /orgasm. I mean really.

But gotta say, I actually became a fan of Gamlin as the show progressed, though I swear, and this is coming from someone who NEVER says this, there was more romantic tension between Gamlin and Basara than there ever was between Mylene and Basara.
bishopcruz is offline   Reply With Quote