View Single Post
Old 2010-11-02, 20:35   Link #340
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
That's true, but I dunno, I mean I work at a workplace with about a hundred people and I can't say I know most of them. That said if someone asked me "Who did X?" I could probably find that out through various records. That seemed the gist of what Ranka was getting at, use his job to find out who that pilot was and give her a name to stalk. It might be slightly insensitive though to ask. Though I suppose it is really insensitive that Ranka didn't try to be there for Gilliam's funeral, in retrospect, given he pretty much died trying to protect her, even if he may have only seen Alto.
I believe Gilliam was trying to protect the whole colony considering the Vajra was in the middle of the city. Also, how could Ranka even attend his funeral if not even Gilliam's own family was notified of it.

I'm not sure I understand what the big deal is about Ranka's reaction. Ranka was yelling and screaming during the chaos because she was in danger just like anyone else would. Yes, she saw a soldier die in an inhumane manner and so did plenty of people and her reaction wasn't one that would make me think she didn't care. It was pretty apparent that she was in a state of shock as well considering her reaction later in episode 2 where she was trembling and speaking as if Alto was Ozma.

Asking for Alto is pretty natural if you ask me, especially if it's the person that saved your life although Gilliam deserves the same amount of thanks.

Calling her insensitive and such at this point is just really nit-picking because of established opinions from later development (just in case I'm misunderstood here, I'm not singling you out here Lancel, just speaking in general.)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote