View Single Post
Old 2012-02-03, 00:07   Link #7531
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
You, in my mind, I always hear it as her putting an unnatural sounding emphasis on those final words or syllables, like a text-to-speech program or something, with just an ever so slight robot-esque, auto-tuned quality to it. In my head.

I haven't really listened to any of her dialogue in the PS3 versions or fighting game, though.
Well, her voice actress, Miyuki Sawashiro, gives her very little inflection and, in fact, makes her sound kind of like a robot. Listening to her sound files in the fighting game, she does put emphasis on her auxiliaries ("desu", "masu"), but it is very, very seldom. I counted, and she did it at least five times out of the hundreds of voice files she has.

Of course, that differs when she goes into her "Die the death!" mode. It's a shame there are currently no video clips of her saying it in the PS3 game. She does say it during her meta-super in the fighting game, but it's not quite as good as the PS3 version. However, there is another scenario in that game where she says it (I don't know which), and it was kind of unnerving to hear her say it the way she did there. The good kind of unnerving, mind you.

And in case you haven't heard her voice at all, her voice pitch is relatively high, slightly lower than Shannon's. Because she is a kid, like she clearly stated. And because she is a kid, it shouldn't be surprising that her voice would be child-like, as so many people who expected her to sound like an adult complained about when they really should have known better.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote