View Single Post
Old 2012-05-22, 11:58   Link #36
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Until this is finalized.... who knows?
The fact of the matter is, Suzuna Kuraki in Kao no nai Tsuki (Carnelian's breakout game, such a hit it received many collector's editions and renewals) did something very similar in arguably even LESS clothing. I'm sure that Carnelian would have a lot of fun illustrating something similar again.

Quote:
Liz just came out of nowhere to become a member of the 666th. That's why, in addition to her supposed death, the original 666th members think Liz is a Stasi agent.
No wonder why Theodore looks so unenthusiastic in that novel cover illustration where "Liz" is embracing him. He has no idea if she's just an impostor sent by the Stasi to make him vulnerable.

Quote:
Summary: Second lieutenant of the BRD 51st. She seems to be a cool beauty, but when she opens her mouth she's a biting swearer. Hates DDR for various circumstances.
The current cover illustration for the Schwarzesmarken website seems to imply that she's a significant character in the current volume. Perhaps more details about her will emerge.

Quote:
You know, I wonder why Carnelian likes 96G. Is that her number or something?
If you look at the character description pages for the non-BL games illustrated by Carnelian (such as Quilt and Touka Gettan), you'll notice that she often posts cup sizes for her female characters (implying that she either makes up her mind as to how large they will be beforehand and consults photographs/lingerie stores to make a visual match or else that she goes with whichever size fits a character's aesthetics and then consults photographs to match). Still, her preference often strains the limits of "good proportions," but it could just be that Japanese (and Asians in general) women are less-endowed than westerners on average so she likes drawing what isn't found in reality. And 96G is what is listed for Yumiko Kamiazuma (Touka Gettan), Ena (Quilt), and very likely Yuriko Kuraki (Kao no nai Tsuki) and Yume Tamaru (Para-Sol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Personally i don't see the problem, i mean Katia, Anett & Gretel don't have bomber shells for example, I don't mind diversification :P. I for one really like Carnelian art one of my favorite artists.
On the other hand, Irisdina, Pham Thi Lam, Beatrix, and Sylvia look like they're packing some really heavy artillery. Carnelian's one of my favourite artists too, but she's clearly in the unrealistic camp when it comes to body proportions. At the same time, I'm still lost as to why her art took so long to get into MuvLuv if she was one of Age's founding members.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote