View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 13:10   Link #176
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Arrested, put to trial and executed.

As was other collaborators.

If that is the fate of traitors to the Federation then Shanalua had no reason to believe that the system would be lenient on her.

Despite pleas of Kio that his grandfather can work something out. Of course Shanalua wouldn't believe that... It's Flit Asuno that led the purge.

In the end Kio can't convince anybody not to shoot but his grandfather.

Considering the war was all but won by the Federation in name I find it dubious that the Vegans probably got a ceasefire or a conditional surrender.

Something that Japan wanted for the end of the Pacific war. Of course we knew the US and its allies would accept nothing but an unconditional surrender.

I don't think Gundam Age's writers got the message of MS Gundam that a genocidal state has to be defeated. Remember Tomino lived through the aftermath of Japan's surrender. Recognizing his country's old leaders and its allies were card carrying villains.

Flit may have forgiven the Vegans but in the interest of justice war criminals should be tried for war crimes.

The biggest war criminal of them died without a single regret.

I find that a disturbing message Gundam Age is trying to convey.
Maybe there is a resurgence in Japanese nationalism? After all, there are Class-A war criminals enshrined as deities, and some Japanese believe their war was "righteous" because they were liberating asian countries from white imperialists...you know, by murdering them and treating them worse than the white imperialists...lol