View Single Post
Old 2012-09-01, 14:51   Link #30298
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
I don't think you still have grasped that what I'm arguing is that there is a big difference between distrusting what it is written, and coming up with absolutely never mentioned facts. Which is ironic because I often see you claiming that X or Y is impossible because etc.
I grasp the difference; I just spend most of my time on this board playing Devil's Advocate, which I've told you atleast twice now. :P

Also, there's ample evidence to suggest that Ikuko is faking quite a lot of information. Lying to an amnesiac man isn't a stretch, especially when Amnesia Doesn't Work That Way.

Then again, it's the same reasoning people used to deny Shkanon mirite?

Quote:
Ryuukishi certaintly created the situation you described, but he also stated that you should be able to understand the truth using the hints he left to us. and that's where you should draw the line.
Too bad he's completely wrong, huh?

Quote:
Else I can state something like: "There was a secret Russian facility hidden in Rokkenjima. Kinzo was actually a spy for the Russians, the incident is actually the result of an experiment gone wrong."

There's absolutely no point in that. You're not justified in coming up with never mentioned facts just because you don't know which is true or false.
If it's catbox, you'll either find a dead cat or an alive cat. You won't find a frog.
Holy shit, if this were a relevant or accurate metaphor for what anyone in the thread was doing, you'd totally have a point! Too bad.

Quote:
What if it was planned from the beginning that Battler was still alive? In that case it would be one of the premises of the story, even if it wasn't clearly stated. But since this is clearly meant to be a plot twist, that's a given.
No, that's not what a Premise is. The premise is how you introduce the reader to the scenario. "Battler fights a witch he doesn't believe exists" is a premise. "Everyone is being murdered in a suspiciously stereotypical murder mystery" is a premise.

"Battler is alive" is a plot twist right at the epilogue.

Quote:
There's an interview were Ryuukishi07 said "Yes, it was Battler". All the hints point to "Yes, it was Battler". There's not a single line that questions or negates the "Yes, it was Battler"

What in the world is so hard to catch about the "Yes, it was freaking Battler" confirmed by the word of god?
Aside from the fact that Ryukishi has lied in interviews?