View Single Post
Old 2006-01-29, 19:06   Link #490
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
I think it's better to Compare Shinn to the ZAFT aces of GS then too kira... afterall, Kira was untrained, the ZAFT aces on the otherhand were trained like Shinn, and have experience and dispiline under them...

Shinn faced against odds that were far greater then what the ZAFT aces had to face, and he made it look rather easy... The ZAFT aces had the best weapons and fought those who had inferior abilites and FAR inferior weapons, and they also supported eachother well; none of that one man show deals... Shinn had a superior weapon as well, but it wasn't nearly THAT much better then the weapons the enemy used and he had very poor support; he was generally soloing the offencive against enemies... Athrun, Yzak, Dereakka, and Nichol were all aces, but they did VERY well in supporting eachother in all of their fights... never did one of them just do most of the work, they shared the battlefield... Shinn had support from Athrun, Rey, and Luna, but they were not nearly as useful... He always had to do most of the work himself (you'd think Athrun would have been doing most of the work); he shows FAR more skill then he should have

Though, i also don't agree with Kira's rise to power... hence why i say he's more goldy then Shinn... The strike's tech explains well his ability to fight against grunts, thus explaining his survival against ginns and baucoos; afterall, this is the same logic behind Amuro's rise to strength in UC... however, it doesn't explain his survival against the ZAFT aces... the aces had more experience, skill, and had the same level of tech as Kira... and Mwu may have been great backup, but Kira still had to face atleast 1-2 of those aces... by all means just one of them should have been enough to tear him apart BEFORE he could use the seed-mode plot-device...

Though, Kira may be godlier, Shinn was also rather demi-godly aswell
i have nothing to say.. but just agreed with everything Slayerx has said..