Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-05, 16:04   Link #13474
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well, that not just an american reference if there are Starbucks Coffee shops in Europe as well. Though I will say those are practically everywhere here in the states, but surely there's some of the franchise that's international.

But yeah the whole idea of nicknaming Moka's father "Daddy Starbucks" is because of the coffee shop selection for the names of the 3 younger daughters being named for coffees or chocolate drinks. And even now, this eldest daughter continues the trend of drinks or liquid naming as well too.

Oh, and Tyranuus, just so you know, when posting, do try to keep from double posting. If you happen to be the last person to post and have an afterthought you want to add, please edit your latest post to add that information, IF someone else hasn't posed behind you yet. Just a little rule of thumb we follow around here.
Ah right, Starbucks is over here, but I'd figured that was some sort of pop culture reference, advert or something, rather than just because they're named after Mocha, Cocoa and Kahlua (what next for the older sister, Latteh after Latte?). If the dad comes out with some silly name like Whiske or some other strong drink...I think I'll be slightly depressed.

No worries on the double post thing, too used to other forums where it happens all the time I guess, will try to remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000
Wouldn't that make Moka a potential tsundere?
Don't get me wrong, my fully understanding some of these terms isn't perfect, but as I understand Tsundere, Im not sure if it really counts if they're currently operating as two seperate personalities!
I suppose it might be possible if they merge and she stays like this, but I figure if both personalities merge she'll probably be a bit more direct over her feelings, O.M is head over heels and admits it, and I.M is on the verge. I get the feeling a merge of those two might be a bit more possessive of Tsukune, and might act a little more directly is it deredere [is that the right word?]
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote