View Single Post
Old 2004-05-01, 23:47   Link #39
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
i'm getting the impression that from now on the anime will totally diverge from the manga. In other words, I think that there won't be any Arc with chinese assassins and whatnot. The anime is moving too fast and there are around 20 episodes left to it. It doesn't seem likely that they'll include that bit with the Chinese assassins.
Uh... the impression that the anime will diverge in how the story will be told has been given much much earlier like in the ep 20-23 region. It was even confirmed much earlier by Arakawa herself in a press conference. So no... I expect they will not include any or much material from chp 29 onwards.

Quote:
BTW, who thinks that the anime is far better than the manga?
You would not find me in the "anime>manga" camp. Right off from the start, I find them on par with each other. But with these new adaptations, the anime while still good is sliding in terms of story & plot.

Quote:
Comparing both versions, I'm liking the anime a bit more. Maybe because most of the manga focused on rush valley too much rather than continue with the plot. ( I'm just assuming that, cuz I can't read chinese but the whole rush valley scene was so boring, with the baby being born and everything. Sigh...kinda reminds me of Elisha-chan.)
That's because Elysia Hughes' birth was adapted from the Rush Valley manga arc. In the manga, the Elrics were never involved in her birth. The anime crew adapted it in probably because they did not want to handle the Rush Valley arc in their version of events.

Quote:
Yeah, and the anime has more action that what we've seen in the manga so far, IMHO.
Nope there is just as enough action there. The only difference is that a lot of the intermediate animation is not there. You have to visualise it. If they had put in every frame of 'action' in the manga, the number of volumes could easily increase from the current 7 volumes to 14 volumes.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote