View Single Post
Old 2012-02-19, 02:34   Link #53
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

This chapter felt so out of place. Really Sasuke-centric chapters themselves feel like a totally different manga. Like Kishimoto had two ideas for mangas, but not enough material to make "Sasuke" a seperate work, so he combined the two ideas he had brewing in his head.

Anyway, back to the chapter. Suddenly, Oh! Orochimaru had a scroll that could change the course of the war! And they just happened to come across this room because Juugo for NO reason went crazy and punched through the wall to a secret room. They don't even have any details about the war itself, just that there's *A* war going on. The two of them have no reason to be interested in the war in the first place. And then Sasuke thinking about when Itachi said to come fight him when he gained the Mangekyo sharingan after Itachi's been LONG DEAD and they just happened to be about to run into each other by coincidence. The Zetsus don't know zombie Itachi's on the loose, so he couldn't have found out about him anyway. Just way too much contrived stuff in this chapter and it interrupted the cool battle that was going on with Naruto. I really hope Karin isn't falling helplessly for Sasuke again. If she does, she will be the most hated female Naruto character of all time. My guess is that Taka/Hebi will come in to save Sasuke from Kabuto after this Itachi/Sasuke confrontation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Another problem with his character is him not having enough dialogue. Would it be so hard for him to have meaningful conversations? (e.g. his chat with Gaara)
I agree with this. We've been left to guess what Sasuke's intentions are, which change often, for a long time now. He would be a lot easier to follow if we had some dialogue. What little lines he has don't explain why he's doing what he's doing well.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote