View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 02:00   Link #61
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That said, I'm seeing that so far... a number of the reviews are negative, and for completely stupid reasons.
It's not stupid for people to expect the start of a new season to flow smoothly from the end of the previous season.

Mystery and intrigue is great, but when you have a very well-developed male lead, and he suddenly starts working with the established antagonist group when there's been no foreshadowing of such a turn before, viewers are naturally going to want to get at least some inkling as to why he is doing this.

Do we need to have everything answered up-front? Of course not. But dropping a bombshell characterization change on viewers in the very first episode of a new season without any hints as to "why?" is pretty jarring stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamiMiko View Post

To be fair, there were some hints. Like Hooves said, we have what Yuji said to Shana in the beginning as well as his talks with the voice inside the Reiji Maigo. I'm sure more will be explained as things progress, but they did give us a place to start.
Those "hints" are extremely vague statements that tell us nothing in and of themselves. They're not legitimate hints, in my view. They're not much of a place to start at all.