View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 01:27   Link #119
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
So basically you're basing your claims on your own prejudice about what happens in MMO's, and refuse to reconsider when people who actually play games (EVE Online) where this kind of stuff is normal says it is to be expected?

Sounds very much like some guy who's never studied climate change saying it's all a scam cause hey my politicians say so.
Don't think I denied whatever you and a few others were saying about extortion being a common thing in MMO's so I don't know why you're making such a claim.

Quote:
Dude you're missing the entire point. SAO is the very first VRMMO ever released where you could experience the world w/ your own (virtual) eyes vs. playing it on the other side of a LED screen. It's main selling point is how close it actually comes to reality. You shouldn't really equate it to a standard MMO because it simply isn't. Kayabas goal is for the players to treat SAO as "real". If it still feels like a regular old MMORPG even after all that then that's going to be disappointing.
This just brings me back to that food preparation mechanic in episode 8. If they have the technology to make an MMORPG so realistic then why not go all the way? It's inconsistent.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've already got my point across. I'm not here to have a debate, just merely sharing my thoughts.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-09-16 at 03:00.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote