View Single Post
Old 2011-03-03, 21:38   Link #96
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Combating entropy. Lol. What an incredibly silly reason, and yet, one could reasonably argue that hypothetically there are some aliens out there that can transcend "normal" time to the point that they might actually stick around till the theoretical heat death of the universe, and thus might actually think it a problem worth solving.

Of course, this means absolutely nothing to humanity. We'll have been long gone before it ever occurs, assuming it does.

Anyways, looks like Kyoko decided she didn't want to "live" any longer. Good to see she was able to choose her way out, in a way that didn't involve her turning into a witch. She and Sayaka will be missed. And, while I personally don't believe in the afterlife, I think in the context of the world portrayed in this show, we can pretend she and Sayaka will spend their afterlife together.

Now, the BIG question of the episode:

What is up with Homura's powers/shield? It now has been shown that she CAN stop time for far longer than a few seconds, which was the previous limit implied by her frantic attempt to catch up with that truck. The difference this time was that she "used" her shield. I suppose it's possible she "used" her shield for all those time stops before, but I'm gonna assume not, which is why there's the difference in the length of time she's able to stop. Plus, the whole setup for that scene just screamed that it was something different from her normal modus operandi. I mean, really, it all comes back to who or what exactly Homura is. They didn't give her the odd-man out soul gem coloration on a whim, me thinks.

I get a bad vibe about the shield, as if there's a limit on how often she can use it, which is why she doesn't use it all the time.

And, while this probably should have been said last episode, I totally do not get why Homura was unable to time stop when wrapped in ribbons or a hold by Kyoko.

Anyways, with three episodes left, it's getting really lonely here with only Homura and Madoka left standing. I imagine two episodes will be the BIG END BATTLE, so that leaves next episode for...well, I'm not even sure.

Best line of the entire series to date:

"If you feel like dying for this universe, just call us. We'll be waiting!"

That QB is so cute.

Edit: What in the world is up with Sayaka's parents? I assume they are who Madoka talked to on the intercom in an earlier episode when she was looking for Sayaka. Whoever it was, they didn't seem very concerned that Sayaka hadn't come home "last night". Now, in this episode, Sayaka is dead, but business like usual at school. No mention of her missing (which would probably be the logical conclusion of normal parents) or anything. I mean, what the hell. :/

Last edited by creb; 2011-03-03 at 21:49.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote