Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Kotoura-san
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 14:00   Link #331
Midonin
Last Engage

The Secret of Haruka Kotoura 05 - The World's Greatest Losers: Coach Yuriko's Intimate Training

I love this episode. It's the first episode that was truly a comedy, with no real drama or complications at all. Just a goofy club comedy - and I'm totally okay with that. One thing that I've liked about this show is that Haruka is the main character, though if anything, this was really Hiyori's episode. People aren't so easily separated into "good" and "evil". There are circumstances and masks and second chances. It's better to rehabilitate than to revenge. And in this case, Hiyori really does seem to be a good person at heart. She may not be blending into the ESP Club well just yet, but she's accepted and found a circle of friends. And with her and Yuriko, my goggles can be powered at 150%. The first half of the episode was charming, and the second...

A character voiced by Hisako Kanemoto isn't terribly athletic, but is forced to participate in an athletic relay anyway. She trains, but ends up failing, and the power of friendship means that's okay. I felt like I was watching Smile 18 all over again. If this is the direction the series takes for the next few episodes, then I say - full speed ahead! Especially if it means more things like the gag of Haruka rolling into the boxes.

Last edited by Midonin; 2013-02-07 at 16:50.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote