View Single Post
Old 2007-03-08, 18:38   Link #102
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Ah, but once again you didn't put into consideration of why Lulu don't use Geass all the time anymore; Lulu realised this power has limits.

Geass is powerful, but there are clear weaknesses. It's like The Green Lantern and the colour yellow.
The best way to prevent people from taking up preventative measures against his Geass, like wearing tinted glasses all the time, is if people don't know he has superpowers. The reason Zero got an independent funded army is because he can now do things without Geassing someone, like whenever he needed the truck-trailer's tires changed.

Sure, he may be able to Geass people more often, but it's not worth the risk right now. Light in Dath Note used his powers all the time until the cops figured out what he could or couldnot do. Suzaku certainly want to limit the number of brainwashed people to a minimum. (At least, of named important people. Quite a large population of his school had probably being Geassed by now.)
Very true, and of course he knows the limits better than us. However, when he is fighting this war, should he not be using his strengths. He could be doing much more as opposed to continually leading the charge. He could at the very least setup a decoy Zero or two. I don't think he'd do anything that would be too suspicious, cuz like you said, it's only a hidden weapon if it remains hidden.
Hehe truck tires. I mentioned i thought he only uses it for small things. Something big would be using it to achieve something he could not achieve otherwise (like rescuing suzaku in ep 4). I was mostly thinking in terms of intelligence and espionage. Now I'm not sure how good their info net is, but how about something like geassing an officer to relay information from within. Or during a battle, going ninja, and similar to ep 2, sneaking into the enemy camp. He would obviously be more invisible than ep 2 since he knows the limits better now. If he were going in to just steal data on the Lancelot, or even just sabotage it for instance, he wouldn't have to leave evidence in the form of dead bodies either.

You pointed out though something that i had considered about his geass usage. In the first few eps, it was treated as a godly power and whatnot, but now it's more like a tool. He really doesn't rely on it anymore, except as his trump. It's always better to have solid support. It's just some of the possibilites (geassing an officer to give info) seems really tantalizing.

I've been wondering if there were any other students at school, with weird recurring geases on them. Ashford academy might be quite the freak show now.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote