View Single Post
Old 2009-10-21, 22:33   Link #2014
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
You'd think they would understand. She's his baby, he wants to be with her every minute of every day, but he can't always be with her because he "just saw her the other day." It's breaking my heart to see him wanting to be with her so badly and knowing how much of her life he's missing out on.
*dons devil's advocate cap yet again*

To be fair, I wouldn't be very happy either if my daughter fell in love with a boy who has the kind of past you've described, especially if she ended up pregnant with a little girl of her own. You love him a lot and he sounds like a sweet guy, but the past he has will always make people a little distrusting of him. Your parents love you, and they probably wanted you to marry a boy who had a large family, who could get a good job and support you, and they're genuinely concerned because of the past he's had and fearful that he might one day repeat that with you and your daughter. Have you ever actually sat down with your boyfriend and explained the whole situation to them? It would help a lot if you could get into a position where they come clean and you come clean.

Quote:
Moving out is probably not the best thing for me to do, I know that, but I just can't take it anymore.
Again I ask: have you talked to them? Have you seriously been forceful and told them to sit down, we're solving this thing once and for all? That's the best way to resolve this situation without any bloodshed or regrets, is to talk about it, honestly talk about it, and not let either of them walk away until you've reached a conclusion. It will be long, and painful, but if you want to be with your boyfriend and keep your parents in your daughter's life, you need to find a way to bury the hatchet or you'll never be happy. It's easy to say you can live on love, but the world is a much friendlier, brighter place when you have a family to fall back to for support.

*removes devil's advocate cap*

Again, I mean no offense.