View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 08:08   Link #93
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
So, in a way, that's the final episode for Ore Imo...Well, knowing that this is an anime original ending and not the true ending, closing everything up in a life goes on way isn't really unexpected, really, and personally I don't have much complaints about it. I have the exact same thought as Kyousuke at seeing Kirino, it's like she's replaced by a clone or Skrull alien or something. It's funny to see Kyousuke finding a kindred spirit in Akagi, I wonder if we'll ever see his sister later?

About the debate whether Kyousuke is a tsundere...Frankly, I'm still not sure myself. For me the greatest evidence supporting this is when he's talking with Saori this ep, blushing while denying. What's strange is this is Saori he's usually pretty open with, and it's not really that touchy anyway. Perhaps he's embarrassed if people know that he did all those things for Kirino not just due to his duty as a big brother, but because he cared about Kirino as well? But that should be bloody obvious seeing how much he sacrificed for her.

On the other hand, perhaps it's because I feel the exact same thing, but I find nothing strange in Kyousuke not readily accepting Kirino's dere and stays cautious. About when he finally knows that Kirino is about to leave to US, to me it seems that he also doesn't want Kirino to leave. However, he understands that it's a rare opportunity, something that at least part of Kirino wants, so he decided not to be selfish and push his own thoughts and genuinely wants Kirino to decide for herself what she wants. Sure, he's not 100% honest, but maybe it's because he doesn't want Kirino to be further confused at the last moment.

Only after Kirino got angry ("I don't like you and vice versa") does he snap. anger clouding his judgment and says something he doesn't really mean. If that constitutes as tsundere then I guess it is, but one thing for sure is that she's nowhere near as tsundere as his little sister.

About my favorite character Kuroneko, I find it intriguing that she says she's about to change her way of calling Kyousuke onii-san to something else. Really, perhaps it's because I just watch Yosuga no Sora, but here I don't get any incest vibes (definitely brocon/siscon, but not lust) regardless of what the True Ending will entail (it's obvious from the eroge that she'll definitely go to US though). This, however, will instantly change if Kuroneko is Kyousuke's little sister. Not to mention her neko action in front of the mirror...Ahh, they really know how to grab me for a 2nd season.