View Single Post
Old 2011-06-10, 07:20   Link #1290
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
You said it was the fault of Reki but if the person whom you love, or you have decided to marry has a romantic moment with another person, would you stay quiet. I would not, at the very last I would Interrupt them.

Reki is the first character that it said. "Please marry me".
'Fault' as in she's the cause, the catalyst, the source, the origin, the beginning, the one who initiated this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
In Vol 4. Are you talking about the bet, that was him in Histeria Mode, he doesnt have control of most things, that he does or says in Histeria Mode. Unless he means it, he doesnt take responsibility for most of the things he says in HM and neither Aria or Kinji took for serious the promise of that time.
Nay, I was referring to the summer festival when both of them went out after that volume's falling out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
It seemed more like a spontaneous burst of anger to me. Kinji isn't perfect, he has his flaws just like any other person, and Aria has her flaws too.

Like I said before, When your extremely angry at another person, you are not thinking at all. Anger is an emotion that just consumes you with rage, until you burn out. Majority of people who lash out at other people when angry are regretful when they calm down. That's basically what Kinji was doing.

Something akin to pouring oil on a fire.

Here Kinji realizes that he made the mistake of pouring more oil to a fire. I repeat this again if Aria truly wants to keep Kinji as her partner, then she should treat him better. If Aria liked him, then she could have confessed earlier.
He realized it's a mistake, and continued down that path, even coming up with a self justification that he's doing this for her own good. If it was mere impulse in the heat of the moment, why did he need to come up with that excuse? And he certainly didn't seem remorseful at all.

Quote:
Plus, take into consideration that Kinji was in a "Sniper Restriction" by Reki. There is too many factors involved to shift the blame towards one person. Kinji could have acted differently, Reki could have acted differently, Aria could acted differently, and Riko too instead just egging them on. It seemed like everyone there lost their cool a bit in that scene, except Riko.

Kinji, Reki, Aria all share responsibility. If even one of them could be honest and listened to the other's explanations or situations, the confrontation could have been avoided.

Spoiler for Volume 6, chapter 2:

Here, Aria was on the verge of striking Kinji because of what he said. Reki slapped Aria in order to protect Kinji.
I'm coming down on Kinji hard because while Reki may have started it, while Aria have got to this on her own; Kinji was the one who kicked the whole house of cards crashing down. He stood at the pinnacle and was given the chance the turn this around- And he blew it because he couldn't control himself?

This isn't the first time; Every time the two of them gets into a heated argument, Kinji either lashes out back at Aria, hitting her soft spot like her trust issues, their partnership and I think even her mother, or he continues to hide his secrets, be it the HSS or Kana.

But you know what really ticks me off? In the end they would somehow make up and it's all fine till the next volume. Now why does this bother me even more than the previous ones? Because of that thing that happened in the Vostok- It was nice, it was sweet, it was almost an end-gamer, and it meant nothing. Their relationship doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. All that business with EU, Patra and Sherlock, all meaningless. Nothing has changed, Kinji is still the same, Aria is still the same.

In fact, this volume reminds me of Shiraiyuki's...

Quote:
P.S. Your words are steadily becoming more heated. Also, your dislike of Reki and Kinji is slowly sipping into your words, try to be more neutral. Hate the action, but never the character.
Meh, Reki's like the after thought, Kinji's the target of my distaste.

I've already mentioned how I'm annoyed that their relationship never improved, but another reason why I'm raging about Kinji's action in this volume is that he never saw himself as part of the problem to blame, that means no regret- Sure he realized it's a mistake, but he certainly isn't beating himself up about it. And worse still is him trying to justify what he had said to Aria was for her own good.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-10 at 07:34.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote