Thread: Licensed Zettai Karen Children
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-16, 22:04   Link #101
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Well, that's exactly my problem that people use "loli" as synonymous for "young girl".

I've never read it so can you tell me on which page of Nabokov's book the earth is destroyed? Or at least a city? Or are you saying that people are getting off of on children causing mass destruction?

The problem is there is a world out there where words alreaedy have meanings. Where, when you meet an old friend you haven't seen for years and who now has a child, you don't ask "Is it a boy or a loli?" Where, when people hear "lolita" they think "borderline CP" at worst and certainly not "destruction of a city caused by a minor in slapstick comedy".
OK, I would never use "loli" to simply refer to a young girl, or to refer to anything in the real world for that matter. I use "loli" generally to refer to any series or scene that creates either a compromising situation or one that looks compromising involving a girl in the earlier stages of puberty. This includes a broad range of setups, from a highschool senior who still fits in her grade school swimsuit and plays, quotes, and compares life to adult games (LS) to a 10-yr-old who loves to look at well-developed women and question whether the men around her are into that or sway a bit towards her age group(this show).
"Loli" is not just something that can be compared to Lolita. It refers more to the term "lolita-complex", and to any sort of material that either panders to or makes fun of the complex.
Most of what I'd call "loli" is not specifically aimed at turning a child into a sex object(sadly there are things in that area out there too), but rather at poking fun at the potential tensions that can arise around a girl at that age. This is such a show. There's no undergarments(in the anime at least), no real suggestion of any form of major attraction or interest involving these kids. But you can't really deny the suggestiveness of a 10-year-old girl who fixates like Kaoru does on large breasts and butts. This, as I said, isn't something where you'll see a lot of open service or anything. It gives more a sense that something could be there but anyone who tried anything would have every bone in his body broken one at a time while the girls watch and laugh.
Back to the anime. Actually, it looks to me like ep3 is still close to the manga, though a little out of order. Not many anime follow the manga's order exactly. I was similarly inspired to seek out the manga, and unnamed sources provided me with RAWs along with a couple scanlations. So I know at least that some aspects of what seems to be going on in the preview are in keeping with the manga.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote