Old 2008-12-26, 17:30   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Question Fresh Pretty Cure

Animation Studio: TOEI
Broadcaster: TV Asahi
Start date: February 1st, 2009
Website: http://asahi.co.jp/precure/freshPrec...shPrecure.html

How come TOEI doesn't become tired of milking their cash cow, when it's more than obvious that their magic-girl, blockbuster hit jumped the shark several years ago?

Either Pretty Cure has fully run out of steam for gracing the audience at being one of the longest, magic-girl shows still in broadcast today? or TOEI has made a risky bet by completely, freshening up not only the universe but the main heroines cast as well?

This might be a main concern not only for the Pretty Cure fans out there, but also for the main demographic audience whom this show is targeted at.

One look at that picture, and you have noticed right away that this Pretty Cure cast looks a bit older in contrast to the heroines of the previous series.

However, I do welcome this move, since not only I find elegant both the grown-up designs of the girls, but as well their dresses, and even the mascots promise some potential. Though I just hope that those two mascots won't ruin the show by adding annoying noises in their speeches or making unbearable sounds.

For my part I'm in waiting for episode one to give my verdict. Though I must remind myself to keep my expectations low because my hunch tells me the storyline for this Pretty Cure series will strictly adhere to the formulaic conventionalities of the magic-girl genre, I do welcome with a smile on my face this grown-up and more mature Pretty Cure cast.

The new series will star Momozono Rabu/Cure Peach, Aono Miki/Cure Berry, and Yamabuki Inori/Cure Pine (as in pineapple). Their names taken off from fruits this time.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote