Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Kotoura-san
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 19:56   Link #323
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
On one hand, I'm kinda eyeroll at the grandfather.

On the other hand, and this is just me, but my impression of him is that while he may be a dirty old man at heart, he's deliberately playing it up in an attempt to distract Kotoura from all her sadness. Notice how she first appears, quiet and sad, and then gets distracted from that sadness. Not the best move... but it works, sorta.

Also lol Manabe. Everytime you have a heartwarming moment... you then have to ruin it by being perverted.
Yeah, I kind of felt the same way. Part of it was just bringing those thoughts up to distract her. He has been the one to raise her all this time so has to have picked up some tricks to bring her out of a dark mood. Not that I don't think it was 100% an act .

God Manabe is just epic. I was waiting for him to completely throw in a super perverted image during his pretty much mental confession. Instead he goes back into rage and spanking thoughts . It did let them catch a wild Kotoura so good job.

I like that despite how open he is about so much he can get embarrassed when he says too much. There were some good moments between them as you might expect going into this.

I kind of liked the flashback with the monk. It was the required bit of darkness to the episode. Feel bad that the guy wanted to do something, but being unable to. Sadly what can you tell a kid after her power lead to her being rejected by just about everyone around her?

The Moritani conclusion was rushed, but I'll get past that. I figured Kotoura wouldn't hold any grudge since more the type to blame herself. She went this far because she felt it was her fault. At most she felt she drove Mortiani to do what she did.

Still think the most hilarious part of this episode was the group chasing Kotoura. Completely terrifying her .

In the end they retrieved Kotoura and all is good...well until the next crisis.