View Single Post
Old 2013-03-08, 03:49   Link #53
garbage

I think it would come, sibyl will be judged...it might not be now but it will come
it very much admitted being a bunch of deranged killer brains...

Akane is going full steam bad ass this episode, Sibyl better beware, She has Makishima's abilities and now knows everything too, I think Sibyl misread & underestimated her too much. that was really good how she was shown "conversing" with different people when she was thinking about what Sibyl said though I feel it's not exactly the entire truth. Loved how she finally fully shows her wares as a detective, surprising gino (like always just gawking at the sides)but even yayoi & masaoka. Now I only wish it would not end like that famous gen story once again with a sacrifice >.<, but it will still be epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
No, Sibyl said there are some among them that acted more cruelly than Makishima, but it never said all.
Don't know why you would deny it after this episode, or not see it, but take note of the following conversations.
Akane: "if you guys broke the law sometime in the past, you should atone for your crimes in a befitting way" > Sibyl : "Our contributions to society are more than enough compensation for the damage we caused in the past"

Sibyl : "It is true that everyone of us here used to have many problems with our personalities"
"...we were all criminally asymptomatic persons...." that is why Akane said : " Are you saying that Sibyl is a monster that is a collection of wicked people's brains...?"
Sibyl itself admitted to this fact.

to the argument that "evil" or "bad" individual brains together as a whole makes a "good" collective...hmmm color me unconvinced, actually it's more total BS for me. the only reason Akane didn't outright blast them to kingdomcome, is because she IS good and knows there are proper ways with less collateral damage & better chance of success than sudden reckless actions. just like for an addict there has to be gradual rehabilitation. This society has been addicted to Sibyl, yeah it feels good & might look good on the outside but it is not the healthy way especially in the long run. The only question now is how they would do the rehab.A healthy balance between Order & not really "Chaos" but "true living" with individual will
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Because he's a unique individual. Like they said, any system will have its bugs and it is impossible to compensate for all of them. That's why they see him as valuable, so they can get closer to perfection.
the very basis of this statement is questionable, I don't really see this "perfection" Sibyl is trying to attain. Every human is unique in one way or another there really is no cookie cutter mold, sure there are plenty of similarities but no one individual is exactly like another or else we will no longer be human we would be BORG. There will ALWAYS be another makishima, no matter how many brains you add to the matrix. society can only hope to approach this by extreme measures/controls like in most police state propaganda, or like in the education system of Shin Sekai yori. so where does it end when they have a thousand?, a million? when most of the population is merged? Those societies are where progress and development has been stunted. hardly a perfect society. People in Psycho-pass Japan are already towing the line even in things like music, man they can't even do proper security...