View Single Post
Old 2011-02-19, 06:08   Link #502
arcademaster

I'm new to Perfect Dark (trying to find some R2 ISOs of older shows, looks like PD is better for newest stuff, but I've tried all other "channels" except Winny) and I read the entire thread here and it was extremely helpful.

There is only one thing left that I don't fully understand, and that's the search engine. Maybe some of the more experienced users here can clear this up for me.

So at first I tried searching like I would on a internet site. I entered the name of the show I was looking for directly and clicked on Add. The root of the search tree labelled "keyword search" would go up to ~32k entries after a while, clicking on it would reveal tons of totally random files. The branch with the search term might get a few hits.

Then I tried the advanced search. The box gives a message about "Keyword" search being more efficient than advanced search. Funny thing is: the terms I entered in the Advance search menu appear as 'keyword "xyz"' in the search tree then... shoddy translation?
What exactly does this search through? Keywords only, or filenames too?
These searches go up to 1000 hits then stay there. Interestingly, doing such a search increases the root keyword search count beyond 32k.

More confusion: If I do another advanced search under a previous advanced search branch it'll create a new branch. Seems logical to me that it searches through the previous 1000 hits and refines them. Though it seems it also turns up completely new hits that weren't included in the parent's 1000.

Can someone give me an overview on how this searching works exactly? An example would be nice, how would you look for a DVD ISO of a specific anime?
arcademaster is offline   Reply With Quote