View Single Post
Old 2006-05-31, 14:11   Link #93
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
@Access: I think you're talking about leadership in groups which don't exist any longer. The time of big, almost corporate -like groups is over. You don't see much of AnimeONE, AnimeJunkies, Anime-Keep, Elite-Fansubs -type of groups that'd do many projects at once. The quantity of active projects with steady releases the group has is really an indicator of how big a group is.
The trend right now is smaller groups with skilled personalities and a set schedule. Some groups can work that way and it's effective if everybody in the group sticks to it. It really requires a lot of self-discipline. Instead of having big groups, people work for multiple groups at once, perhaps run a few groups themselves, forming chains of groups that prevent oversubbing.
Otherwise, I agree with you that the group is its people, but the corporate fansubbing group exists no longer. Perhaps a collective of fansubbing groups...
Yes, are we saying the same thing? By corporate you mean top-down leadership that 'makes' decisions and tries to force their will onto others? Like you say, this style of group has been tried, and failed, the remaining groups from that era (hnk, live-evil, animeco, etc.) were never that way to begin with. My concern was only that people were talking about group leadership more like it was the old type.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote