Old 2007-12-15, 04:18   Link #232
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
This caught my attention:

Look at it this way, I stopped paying attention to most ratings on this site a long time ago for several reasons. The only ones I pay any attention to anymore are the ones by people I know.

Rarely do I see episodes of any series where the votes aren't top heavy, and on top of that, numbers don't condone very much meaning towards what people thought about an episode. The meat is in what people write. It's qualitative evaluations versus quantitative, and in this case, there's no reason for people not to speak up and discuss the episode and their thoughts openly as long as they are clear, logical and not deliberately inflammatory.

It also never hurts to both leave ones rating in the box and to discuss what brought you to that number.
When I look at AS ratings, I always keep in mind that most of these people think that 8/10 is average, instead of 5/10. However, if you really want to see ratings that are not top-heavy, then you can check out the recent Naruto ratings and some School Days ratings, lol. I always post even if I hate/like each episode and apparently not everyone is like me.

However, what can you trust? There is some truth so the theory that people who approve stay silent, so while the ratings might not say that this episode is near impeccable, it does say that it's well above average. I just wished that more people can join me defending why this episode is good because right now I don't want to post anything good about this episode anymore.